Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Exercising your Faith

Sorry for not posting yesterday had a wonderful day out with my hubby! We went shopping in Kennesaw and I finally got to buy my Love Dare book. I am so excited to be starting the 40 day journey. It is such a beautiful day out that this post may be short and I may go for a walk. I have been thinking and praying alot about dieting and exercise. We all need some form of exercise to keep our bodies in good condition and for overall health. But that also led me to think about how often I exercise my faith and my relationship with God. We must work at loosing weight we can not just read a book or watch a workout video and have the pounds just fall off. We have to participate in it in order for it to benefit us. The same is true of our spiritual lives as well. According to James 1:22 it states, "But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves." While reading God's Word is a vital part of spiritual growth so is putting it to work. I have recently bought a copy of "My Utmost Devotional Bible" and it has some great commentary from Oswald Chambers and many of the books he has written including "My Utmost For His Highest". While looking it over I came across a reading in one of his books "Making New" which states "If we have experienced regeneration, we must not only talk about the experience, we must exercise it and work out what God has worked in. We have to show it in our fingertips, in our tongue, and in our bodily contact with other people, and as we obey God, we find we have a wealth of power on the inside." Have you exercised your faith and walk with God today? What about yesterday? As the children's song says..."Put on your running shoes.." let us put our feet to work spreading the Gospel message and the love of Jesus Christ!
Till Next Time~God Bless


ROBIN

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

No comments: