Thursday, February 12, 2009

God's Mysterious Ways!

We are currently having a wonderful week of revival services at church and I have had to work. But last night with the storms that came through the internet was down and I was unable to log into work so I got to go to church last night. The Lord knew that I needed to be there last night. The message was titled..."The Avalanche of Anger". I do have a pretty quick temper but my fuse is shortest with those I love. Please do not get me wrong I am not bragging just expounding so you can now how the Lord dealt with me. While listening to the evangelist preach I was overcome with the thought that I am like Jonah and have a "me" problem. Focusing on me me me and not on others. Jonah had such bitterness against Nineveh and the miracle that God performed there that he was angry towards them when he should have been rejoicing that so many people had gotten saved and turned from their wicked ways. The Lord laid it upon my heart that I needed to make things right with my daughter and also my husband. At the time of invitation I went to the altar and cried unto God to help me to stay off the road mentioned in Ephesians 4:31 "Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice." When we got home I took each aside and apologized to them for letting anger control me. I pray that the Lord will help me to follow the instructions found in Ephesians 4:32 " And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you." When we got dropped my mom back off at home after church my dad said that the internet was fine after we left and the modem needed reset. I had done that step a hundred times at a previous job but that thought never even entered my mind last night. The Lord really wanted me at the services last night and I praise Him for allowing that to happen!

Till Next Time~God Bless!

ROBIN

A Group Blog for Christian Moms

No comments: