Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Verse for the day

"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God.  My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God."  Psalm 42:1-2

I love reading about David.  As a child we all hear about David and Goliath and marvel at how someone so little can overtake someone so large.  As adults we are told of David and the sin he commited with Bath-seba and the killing of Uriah.  David, while he made some really big mistakes, was still called "a man after God's own heart."  He truly repented of his sin and here in Psalm 42 he was crying out his desire and hunger for the Lord.  We may not have commited the sames sins as David but God loves us just the same and forgives all us the same.  Isaiah 55:7 says "Let the wicked forsake his way, and the unrighteous man his thoughts: and let him return unto the Lord, and he will have mercy upon him; and to our God, for he will abundantly pardon."  I think too often we take for granted that we can ask forgiveness of our sins but are we ever truly broken over them?  Over and over I am reminded of needing to have a "broken and contrite heart" before the Lord.  I am so thankful to have a loving Father who wants to have fellowship with me!

Till Next Time~
Robin

No comments: