Sunday, September 20, 2009

Beautiful Mess Book Review

I have loved Diamond Rio since the first time I heard their famous song “Meet in the Middle.” I loved the harmony of the group and the words of their songs. When I saw this book I knew I had to read it. It is a little slow to start off with but soon you are delving into each member’s journey on not only how they became members of Diamond Rio but their lives leading up to it. The original name of the band was the Tennessee River Boys and each of them had their own fears and doubts about the success of the band. It was their faith in God and in each other that has kept them together all this time, even when it looked like their lead singer had lost his ability to sing. I learned things that I never knew about this wonderful group such as all their charity work. What a great example these guys have set by helping others and staying away from the typical pitfalls of being a superstar. The pictures in the book are great also! You get to see how each member has changed over the years and get to relive the “big” hair days. I highly recommend this book for an uplifting story and also to get to know each member on a more personal level.

Till Next Time~
Robin

No comments: