Monday, September 28, 2009

Verse for the day!

"O Lord, I have heard thy speech and was afraid:  O Lord, revive thy work in the midst of the years, in the midst of the years make known; in wrath remember mercy." Habakkuk 3:2

Our Pastor has had us studying this verse for a while now and really focusing on the "revive they work" part.  Revival is something that our country is in desperate need of but the sad fact is that the majority of christians are not experiencing it themselves and some may not have ever been truly "revived".  In order to have revival in ones life you must first be born again and accept Jesus Christ as your personal Savior by believing that He died on the cross for your sins.  For those who have done this then the Holy Spirit can do a work in our hearts and lives to bring about revival.  Like I said earlier our country needs revival but dear ones it is not going to start in Washington or anywhere but in YOUR heart.  Revival must begin within us before we can experience a corporate revival!  Have you become a stale christian?  A comfortable christian??  I ask myself this right along with you and must continue to ask myself this on a daily basis.  We must remain humble and realize that it is only by the grace of God that we are able to even grow closer to Him.  I pray that today each one of you will cry out unto God and beg for a renewal of  passion for the things of God.  That you hunger after God's Word and all things righteous.  I know for myself I will be doing that.  May God Bless you and keep you!

Till Next Time~
Robin

No comments: