Saturday, May 15, 2010

Why do you go to church???

Psalm 133:1 "Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!" When we belong to a local church we must remember why we are there..it is NOT to be entertained or how many programs a church has, it is that as a church body we worship our Lord and Savior and hear the Word of God being taught. 

This thought has been on my mind for sometime now and it really bothers me when people go to church for the wrong reasons.  We should be going to church to worship God and also to hear the Word being preached.  I am not saying it's bad if a church has a lot of programs, clubs etc but our main focus should be on hearing the Word and then going out and telling it to others.  Our church has a very small youth group and my daughter is getting ready to enter it this school year.  It has been suggested to me that I find another church to take her to because she needs youth interaction.  Yes I do agree that since she is homeschooled interaction with other youth her age is a good thing but I don't go to our church because of their youth program.  We go because that is where we feel God wants us to be.  We go because the word of God is taught truthfully and unashamedly.  We go because our Pastor loves the Lord and wants to serve Him, but he is also human and is willing to admit his shortcomings.  These are just my thoughts and I know that not all will agree with me.  I am just putting out there what God has laid on my heart.  :-)

Till Next Time~
Robin

No comments: