Sunday, October 25, 2009

Simplicity

The Lord has really impressed upon my heart the idea of a more simple life.  Less clutter, less busyness, less stress, less things.  I can not explain the yearning in my heart.  I know right now that I feel closer to the Lord than I ever have in the 14 years I have been saved.  I feel a peace that passes all understanding!!  But I also feel the need to strip away all the "things" that cause me to stumble in my walk.  Psalm 119:35-37 states : "Make me to go in the path of thy commandments; for therein do I delight.  Incline my heart unto thy testimonies, and not to covetousness.  Turn away mine eyes from beholding vanity; and quicken thou me in thy way."  This was my devotional this morning in Prayer, Praise and Promises by Warren Wiersbe.  In it he states..."So much of what the world offers is trivial, false and worthless.  Don't build your life on the world's foundations.  Build your life instead on the Word of God, for it endures forever." 

Till next time~

Robin

No comments: